Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Icons




Short Answer Questions

1) What Challenges did you encounter when creating your product?
The challenges i encountered when creating my product was finding the images or shapes that i planned to use from the beginning. The feature Rome provided me with a good amount of images like warning signs or sport figures, etc but it worked for only two icons. My other two icons were a bit more challenging so it was difficult finding the right shape.

2) How did you cope with these challenges?
I coped with this challenge by finding new shapes and editing shapes that looked very similar to what i wanted. I applied what i learned in the Rome tutorials to my icon project by creating the figure i wanted from  another shape. For example i make a question mark from an exclamation mark. 

3) What went particularly well in creating your product?
What went well in creating my product was that i actually ended up with most of what i had brainstormed and planned from the start. I went straight towards my goal and even though i could not find exactly what i wanted i edited and arranged shapes and figures to create what i wanted from the start.

4) If you were to redo the project from the very beginning, what would you do different?
If i were to redo the project from the very beginning, i would have done my icon for "Create" different because what i had planned for that icon in the beginning had a lot of complex shapes that Rome really did not offer. I would have made the "Create" icon more simple.

5) What is something you can take from this project that can aid you after its completion?
Something that i would take from this project that can aid me after its completion would be that i can apply this to my career. I want to major in engineering and minor in photography or dance, and if i ever happen to have my own business i would know how to make my icon or my business card. 


Project Rome. “Create a Logo.” Editorial. Project Rome. Adobe Systems Incorporated , 2010. Web. 21 Sept. 2011. <http:/‌rome.adobe.com/‌tutorials/‌vector.html>.
- - -. “Getting Started with project Rome.” Editorial. Project Rome. Adobe Systems Incorporated , 2010. Web. 21 Sept. 2011. <http:/‌rome.adobe.com/‌tutorials/‌getting_started.html>.





No comments:

Post a Comment